Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Watercolor Painting: "Gentleman in the Park"

I'll just say it now. I'm not a professional painter. I never went into art school, taken short art classes or anything of the sort. In fact, everything I know about painting I learned just by reading books, looking at pictures, surfing the net and using lots of imagination.

Now that's done I want to show you what I painted a few days ago. (Time for show and tell.)



I forgot to take pictures before I started. I sketched this one I think a year ago. I painted the sky and that was it. Put it in my cabinet and forgot all about it until a few days ago.



I did not know how I was going to paint the tress on both sides. It didn't turn out too bad, I'm happy about it.



This is the picture I was trying to copy.



Painting the gentleman. The lower half of his body and his legs are in the shadows.I was trying to make it dark but I just couldn't do it right. So finally, I just let go and let my hand do the painting for me. Not bad.

When I paint I can't do a painting in one sitting. After some point I just have to get up and do something totally unrelated to painting or watercolors. I get bored I think. After awhile I go back and paint a little then leave again. Then go back and paint some more. It's a miracle I finish anything.



The ground looked like it was lacking something so I decided to paint it.



Finished! I'm pretty happy about it.



What do you think?



XoXo plamea

No comments: