Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Olive Oil Scrub

If you've read my other blog posts then you know that I don't have the most flawless skin in the world. I have been doing research for about 6 months now looking for THE regimen that will finally bring an end to all my skin woes. This Olive Oil Scrub is part of the regimen I have been using now for about 2 weeks. So far, so good. I don't have any new pimples anymore, but I still have some white/blackheads but they are diminishing. Yey!! Anyways, about the scrub.....

I highly recommend this scrub. I was a bit apprehensive at first because I have oily skin and I thought this can only make my skin oilier. Wrong. You just need to get the right consistency of the scrub and you won't end up with an oily face.

I was also concerned about using sugar for my face. Sugar granules are a little rough. The last thing I want to do is irritate my face and get more acne. Well, I was wrong too. You can put the sugar in a blender to make it less coarse if you like. Beware that it does not become like powdered sugar, though. You don't want that. Just grin it a little so that it the granules are more fine but NOT powdered.

This scrub will leave your skin smooth, hydrated (not oily) and wonderful to the touch. You may want to give it a try. Here's the recipe:




Olive Oil Scrub



3 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
(NO SUBSTITUTIONS, please. Don't use plain olive oil or, heaven forbid, vegetable oil.)




1/2 cup Granulated Sugar
(I don't know if brown sugar will work. Please just stick to the recipe.)






2 tablespoons Honey
(Any will do. Just make sure it's real honey. I found fake or watered-down honey in local supermarket in the area where I live. I think it's some honey plus sugar syrup. Don't buy that stuff.)

Combine all ingredients in a bowl and mix well.
It's ready to use.




I only use this at night. I wash my face first with Cetaphil then pat dry. I then take a small amount of the Olive Oil Scrub about 1 tsp and spread it on my face. I use my fingers to gently scrub my skin. Then wash it off with warm water first then cold water. Pat dry. My skin is super-smooth and well moisturized but not oily. I've been using this for about 2 weeks now. I can tell just by touching the scrub if there's too much oil in it. I dab it with tissue paper and that gets the excess off. It is important to get the right consistency. It should be mushy but not very oily. give it a try and you'll know what I mean.

You will find that this recipe makes a lot if you will only use it for your face. You can also use this as a body scrub, I have not tried it myself though. Save the rest of the scrub in a container with a lid. Don't refrigerate. It will harden the oil.

I hope the Olive Oil Scrub works for you!


XoXo plamea

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

cool