Tuesday, May 13, 2008

Mineral Makeup Series: Brushes

How many makeup brushes do you own? I have eight right now. Just wanted to show them to you and explain a little about them and what I use them for.


(From left-right: Blending/Eyeshadow Brush, Eyeshadow Brush, Large Concealer, Small Concealer/Eyeshadow, Spot Concealer, Blush/Bronzer, Flawless Face Brush, Grand Kabuki. I use that pouch, which is actually a pencil case, to hold my brushes when I travel.)


BLENDING/ EYESHADOW Brush

Bought this recently. This is good for blending your eyeshadow so there are no harsh lines and the colors mix well together.



EYESHADOW Brush

Bought this with the Blending Brush. I used it to apply the e/s wet....yeah, that was not a good idea. The bristles of this brush is soft and it's not very thick. This is better for applying e/s dry.



LARGE CONCEALER Brush

This came in a set. I use this to apply concealer on my undereye area. I think this will work well as an wet e/s applicator.



CONCEALER SMALL

The most used brush in my collection. I apply concealer wet because I find that it covers post-acne marks better this way. Just dip your brush in water, then squeeze dry. Pick up some mineral concealer and apply on your face.



SPOT CONCEALER

I have a lot of post-acne marks on my cheeks and jawline. This brush helps me to hide them. This also came with a set and to be honest, I'm not really sure what this brush is really for. But it works well as a spot concealer.



BLUSH Brush

Well, the name says it all. It's a brush for applying blush.



FLAWLESS FACE Brush

This is from OceanMist Cosmetics. It came with my mineral makeup set. I use this for applying foundation, blush, and mineral veil wet or dry. It's sort of an all-around brush.



GRAND KABUKI

My favorite brush. The hair is very soft and I love how it feels when you buff your face with it. I use this for foundation and mineral veil. it's wonderful for applying MMU wet. Just swirl foundation on your brush then spritz the brush with water or makeup fixative then buff on your face.


So, that my makeup brush collection for now!


XoXo plamea

No comments: