Monday, June 23, 2008

Save me Mario!

I have been having problems with my face lately. Whiteheads have decided to build a colony on my forehead, jawline and cheeks. I want to evict them.




And so, I have been on the search for cleansers and other products to help me. I've tried "The Regimen" recommended in Acne.org---didn't wok for me. Though, to be fair, I think it would have worked if I had followed it religiously. The Regimen requires you to use lots of Benzoyl Peroxide morning and evening and I was concerned that using so much chemicals on my face might have ugly side effects when I'm older. So, I started looking again. I tried many others but none really worked for me.



I've heard of the famous Mario Badascu Drying Lotion, touted as the "best" product for zapping zits. Then recently I read an article about the best products in the market and Mario Badescu was on the list. Since I already spent so much money on products, I thought, what's one more? So, I went to their website, took the Questionnaire and last Friday I bought the recommended products for me. This is what I got....


Enzyme Cleansing Gel

This non-foaming, gel cleanser thoroughly removes the day’s make-up, dirt and oil without drying the skin. Papaya Extracts are exfoliating Alpha Hydroxy Acids that help break down dulling build-up, leaving skin fresh and healthy.

Ingredients: Deionized Water (Aqua), Glycerin, Papaya (Carica Papaya Fruit) Extract, Grapefruit (Citrus Grandis Fruit) Extract, Monomide, Triethanolamine, Methylparaben.
Good for these Skin Types:All Types


Special Cucumber Lotion

Refreshing, disinfecting and deep cleaning astringent that is effective in drying up existing acne blemishes while preventing new eruptions. Sulfur and soothing Cucumber based, acne fighting formula that is non-drying and non-irritating.

Ingredients: Deionized Water, Isopropyl Alcohol, Sodium Sulfate, Cucumber Extract, Nonoxynol-9, Boric Acid.

Good for these Skin Types:Combination, Oily
I bought them in Rustan's and boy, they had better be worth every dime! I spent P1,690.00 on these two. The Enzyme Cleansing Gel was P745.00 and the Special cucumber Lotion was P945.00. I've been using them for 3 days now and, well, my skin still looks pretty much the same. At the end of a month, I'll be writing a review on these products to either warn you or convince you to buy these, too.
P.S.
By the way, when I bought these at Rustan's, the salesman gave me a lot of free samples. So I didn't feel so bad about spending so much money. He gave me 3 samples of the Glycolic Foaming Cleanser, 3 Caviar Day Cream and 2 Ceramide Eye Gel.


No comments: