Friday, June 13, 2008

Kiddie Party Cupcakes Part 2: Vanilla Cupcakes with Vanilla Buttercream

Aside from the Devil's Food Cake Cupcakes I made, I also made Vanilla Cupcakes. They did not turn out as well as I hoped. The recipe I used made cupcakes that were lacking in vanilla flavor. Maybe I should have used better quality vanilla, I don't know. But next time, I'm using my tried-and-true Yellow Cake recipe instead.

The Vanilla Cupcakes looked good, though. And I think the buttercream compensated for it. And besides, you know how kids are. Serve them anything sweet and they'll eat it.



They look good, don't they?



Hmmmm....come to think of it, maybe I should give this recipe another try.



I took this picture in the fridge. I didn't have time to take proper pictures as the kids were already in the house and causing havoc. My hands were full.



I am so out of practice! But the colors came out nice. The pink looked nice and sweet, the yellow looked alive and perky.



Disaster. The color came out 'lacking' and the piping.....shame, shame, shame on me.

No comments: