Thursday, June 19, 2008

An Open Goodbye Letter


It was love at first sight for me.


I’m a very picky person, as you know. But the moment I saw you, I knew. You were the one, so I chose you. It’s funny how things work, don’t they? People spend hours weighing their options and choosing, but when the right one comes along….click. It’s so easy. That’s what happened to us. We just…clicked. We fit together so well. So I walked towards you and the rest, as they say, is history.


Three years of history. That’s how long it was for us. You walked with me and carried me all those years. You were a faithful companion. But now you can no longer go with me. You need to rest. I walked towards you that day, but today you’re walking away from me. I know you don’t want to but it’s not up to us to decide whether to stay or to go. Your final resting place is calling you, and you cannot refuse him. You must answer his call. But why? Why us? Why so soon? It’s not fair.


But now I know I need to let you go. Seeing you deteriorate a little everyday is worse than losing you. I’m sorry that I was selfish. I only thought of my own loss. But now I see things through your eyes and I finally understand what you were trying to teach me: For everything there is a place and time; a time to meet and a time to say goodbye.


It’s time to say goodbye.


Goodbye my favorite white pair of shoes. Rest well.

No comments: